The Doctoral programme in Business Management is an interuniversity programme in which four universities are involved: the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, the Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena and the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC).
The UPC coordinates the programme and deals with the admissions process. Anyone interested in applying should follow these steps:
- Go to the official page for the programme: https://management-phd.eu/.
- In the Thesis supervisors section, find your topic and contact the researcher named to see if they are interested in supervising the thesis that you are proposing. As well as academic excellence, ensuring that your proposal is well suited to the programme is a very important criterion in the admissions process. For this reason, it is best if you can demonstrate that a researcher from the programme is interested in your proposal, both in your cover letter and by including them among your references.
- Go to the Admission application section, prepare the documents required and then upload them on the same page.
The academic committee for the programme will assess all of the applications. Successful applicants will each be assigned a thesis supervisor who will help them form a plan for their research. You will receive a message from the programme coordinators to inform you of whether your application has been accepted or not.
If you are accepted, you must provide the documents legally required to support your admission to the programme. These must be submitted to the university of the researcher who will supervise your thesis. If your supervisor is a researcher at the UOC, the UOC will send you instructions for you to register on its Virtual Campus. You must then submit the necessary documents via the Procedures section of the Virtual Campus (Campus / Procedures / Admission requirements and documentation / Doctoral programme admissions documentation):
- Degree certificates
- Transcripts of finished studies and academic records of studies under way
- Passport or identity document
- Proof of language competencies according to the Common European Framework of Reference, or an equivalent level as per this table
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the coordinating university: https://management-phd.eu/contact.