To be eligible for the doctoral program, candidates must meet the general requirements of the University and those specific to the programme.
First, prospective candidates must demonstrate that they meet one of the following requirements:
- Holding an official Spanish bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and a university master's degree, or equivalent, and having completed at least 300 ECTS credits in all these two programmes.
- Holding an official Spanish university degree, corresponding to previous regulations of university teaching, and having completed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in all official university studies, of which at least 60 must be at master's level.
- Holding an official university degree from a country that is part of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies for entrance to official master's degree courses, and having completed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in all official university studies, of which at least 60 must be at master's level.
- Holding an official Spanish graduate degree, the duration of which, in accordance with Community law, is at least 300 ECTS credits. In this case, students must take the specific training components on a compulsory basis, unless the corresponding doctoral programme includes research training credits equivalent in formative value to research credits from master's degrees.
- Holding an official university degree in which, after obtaining a training place in the corresponding test of access to specialised health training places, they have completed at least two years of training in a programme to obtain an official degree in one of the specialities of the health sciences with a positive evaluation.
- Holding an official university degree from a country outside the EHEA, without the need for official validation, after verifying that the level of training is equivalent to that of official university master's degrees and that it allows access to doctoral studies in the country issuing the degree.
- Holding a Spanish doctoral degree obtained in accordance with previous university regulations.
- Holding a degree in architecture or engineering with an advanced studies diploma, obtained in accordance with the provisions of Royal Decree 778/1998, of 30 April, or having achieved the research sufficiency regulated in Royal Decree 185/1985, of 23 January.
- Holding an official university degree that has obtained correspondence with level three of the Spanish Framework of Qualifications for Higher Education (MECES), in accordance with the procedure established in Royal Decree 967/2014, of 21 November, establishing the requirements and procedure for officially validating and declaring equivalence with regard to the official university degree and academic level and for validating foreign higher education studies, and the procedure for determining correspondence with the MECES levels of the official titles of architect, engineer, graduate, technical architect, technical engineer and diploma holder.
Prospective candidates who have not earned the credits for initiation to research in a university master¿s programme shall be obliged to undertake the complementary training determined in each case by the programme.
Admission to the doctoral programme of prospective candidates who hold only an official undergraduate degree which under EU law has a duration of 300 ECTS and who have not completed the courses and earned the credits for initiation to research in a university master's programme will be contingent on successful completion of the complementary training corresponding to the module, itinerary or initiation to research courses for the corresponding training period.
The programme's working language is English, so another access requirement will be to demonstrate a level of English equivalent to level B1 or high intermediate level as independent user of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The level of English of the students who do not have an English level certification will be assessed by the Selection and Monitoring Committee during the course of the interview.