Global business environment (3 ECTS credits)
- Analysis of the general and specific environment from an economic point of view
- Globalisation of the economy
- Elements for the analysis of the general and specific business environment
People management (3 ECTS credits)
- Personnel management in organisations
- Personal development in organisations
- Performance and professional talent management
- Policy and compensation practices
- New trends in personnel management.
Operations management and logistics (3 ECTS credits)
- Operations strategy as part of business strategy
- Purchasing and procurement
- Efficient production systems
- Operations in the area of distribution and customer service
- The future of operations
- New trends in operations management.
Ethics and social responsibility (3 ECTS credits)
- Ethics and social responsibility for people and businesses
- Ethics in business and personal life
- Corporate social responsibility
Financial management (3 ECTS credits)
- Financial accounting as a management tool
- Analysis of financial statements
- Analysis of balance sheets
- Analysis of income statements
- Analysis of profitability
- Analysis of working capital
- Global analysis of financial statements
- Management accounting as a control tool
- Control through budgeting and analysis of variances.
Marketing management (3 ECTS credits)
- Internal and external analysis of businesses
- The marketing plan
- Marketing mix: product, pricing, distribution and communication policies
- Strategic marketing
- New trends in marketing: online marketing
- Relational marketing and CRM
Information systems management (3 ECTS credits)
- Information management in organisations
- Use of information systems in organisations
- Information systems policy and strategy.
Decision- making: Business Game I (3 ECTS credits)
- Strategic and competitive business simulation
Innovation management (3 ECTS credits)
- Innovation as strategic element in businesses
- Innovation content in businesses
- Innovation and competitive advantages
Strategic management (3 ECTS credits)
- Levels of strategy
- Business strategy
- External analysis
- Internal analysis
- Organisational design
- Corporate strategy.
Business Week (3 ECTS credits)
- Conferences, company visits, seminars and workshops to enhance management skills and network
This subject may be taken in person (Barcelona City - Spanish Lenguage) or online ( UOC Virtual Campus in English Lenguage) .
Advanced strategy (3 ECTS credits)
- Strategic business simulation in a competitive environment.
Coaching (3 ECTS credits)
- Personalised mentorship by an expert coach who will offer personalised advice to students in order to guide and develop their careers.
- This coaching will be developed transversely in the second part of the master's programme and will be linked to the achievement of management skills.
Competitive intelligence (4 ECTS credits)
- The competitive environment in the globalised world
- The elements of competitive intelligence and surveillance
- Technological tools and practical application of competitive intelligence.
Cross-cultural management (4 ECTS credits)
- Management of multidisciplinary teams from different backgrounds and cultures
- Work teams in multinational companies
International strategy (4 ECTS credits)
- Business strategy
- Design, evaluation and implementation of international strategies.
Business Plan (9 ECTS credits)
- Drafting of a business plan for a specific business situation. Students have the opportunity to put into practice the skills acquired during the master's programme.